05 Nov Blood Pressure, Salt, and… Sex?! – Live AMA #42
Listen to the Podcast:
Watch the Video:
Live Ask Me Anything #42 – Topics Covered:
Blood Pressure, Salt, and… Sex?!:
6:34- The “Salt-Blood Pressure” Hypothesis…
9:12- Correlation vs. Causation. Details matter…
10:43- How much sodium I recommend…
13:40- How did they get this so wrong?
16:27- The Risks of a low-salt diet…
20:20- The basics of Blood Pressure…
23:35- FB Check
24:40- Your poor kidneys…
28:58- How to stop sugar cravings…
31:04- Hypertension is a metabolic disorder…
33:57- Low-salt, Sex, and Fertility… Oh my!
41:25- Pregnant or Breastfeeding Women…
46:35- When do you need more salt?
53:50- Live Q&A:
- 55:11- Q: Does the dosage for sodium change for kids?
- 57:02- Q: What’s wrong with me if I don’t sweat much, even during intense activity?
- 58:16- Q: Do you think you’ll ever become a functional medicine doctor?
- 59:04- Q: Does ibuprofen cause leaky gut?
- 59:10- Q: What if I sweat TOO much all the time?
- 1:00:12- Q: Will increasing salt improve fertility?
- 1:00:56- Q: I’m already doing 3 tsp a day, should I up the dose while out this weekend for my sister’s 21st birthday? (bonus drinking hack!)
- 1:03:25- Commenting on Comments: I drink Hawaiian salt after a night of drinking and wake up feeling like a champ!
1:04:41- NEW MERCH!
1:11:24- Wrap Up!
Show Notes and Resources: