26 Jan Doctor Recommended – Live AMA #55
Listen to the Podcast:
Watch the Video:
Live Ask Me Anything #55 – Topics Covered:
1:40- This is not a “doctor bashing” episode!
3:26- Your grandmother knew what was up, guys…
4:57- Here are some scary numbers about your doctor
9:13- 2/3s of ALL MEDICAL RESEARCH EVER has been funded by these people…
11:53- When Seeing a Doctor is bad for you…
15:14- How much to Doctors learn about nutrition?!
18:51- FB Check
19:18- Doctors are experts… in limited topics
20:39-Prescription drugs are the 3rd leading cause of death in America…
26:17- FB Check
26:33- Debunking The Medical Medium…
35:10- The DANGER, is that people are walking around saying “Fruit cures cancer.” NO!
37:40- FB Check
- 38:02- Commenting on Comments: “My critical thinking was that doctors were bad.”
- 38:55- Commenting on Comments: “People just don’t know these things, Justin…”
42:34- THIS is the type of doctor you NEED!
46:22- FB Check
- 46:38- Commenting on Comments: “My functional medicine doctor costs about $1,200, twice a year, but it’s worth it”
- 47:28- Q: “Is there a reason to go to a Functional MD if you’re in your 30s, living a Clovis lifestyle etc?”
- 49:11- Q: “Do these doctors specialize in different areas?”
- 50:46- Commenting on Comments: “Paying out of pocket twice a year, versus prescriptions, the deduction from your paychecks, AND copays”
- 51:17- Commenting on Comments: “I don’t have a thyroid anymore, and now there are other complications they didn’t tell me about”
- 51:55- Commenting on Comments: “Functional Medicine doctors should be mainstream”
- 55:30- Commenting on Comments: “It’s easier to believe a lie than accept the truth (almost…)”
- 57:40- Commenting on Comments: “I love how you’re always learning”
- 59:29- Commenting on Comments: “Lots of Muay Thai over there buddy, watch yourself!”
- 1:00:41- Q: “Is there an AMA about insulin resistance?”
- 1:04:07- Commenting on Comments: “I have been looking everywhere for information on metabolism and insulin resistance. I’ve been low carb for a while now.”
- 1:06:54- Q: “How did you decide what foods to put on the approved foods list?”
- 1:10:51- Commenting on Comments: “Yes! I have friends who have gained weight on paleo!”
- 1:11:40- Q: “Why are lectins so bad? Why are nightshades so bad?”
- 1:17:01- Commenting on Comments: “If you had a book, it would be a foot thick!”
- 1:19:41- Q: “Can you talk about how much meat you think people should consume?”
- 1:20:44- Q: “How much damage do you think 2 large red bulls a day for 2 years has done?”
1:21:18- Wrap Up!
Show Notes and Resources: