22 Feb In Case You Missed It #19 – Phytoestrogens, Genetics, Sodium, and Probiotics for Your Skin
Listen to the Podcast:
Watch The Video:
Phytoestrogens, Genetics, Sodium, and Probiotics for Your Skin
Another episode of rapid-fire questions and I’ll try to summarize here by showing you each Question and a quick answer…
Can Lavender Products Be Dangerous?
- Lavender, when consumed in excess, can lead to hormonal imbalances. Lavender contains phytoestrogens, also called “estrogenics.” These are compounds that mimic estrogen in the body.
- Personal care products are loaded with Lavender these days!
- Your skin absorbs anything you put on it, including phytoestrogens.
- Diffusing lavender products basically creates a concentrated dose of lavender that you inhale.
- There are 10 separate clinical studies linking lavender to estrogenic symptoms.
- Analyzing the results from these studies is pretty nasty, a direct quote…
- “Lavender has already given rise to many cases of prepubertal gynecomastia from chronic exposure in personal care products.”
- Multiple studies have shown this…
- For those of you not already familiar, gynecomastia means man-boobs.
- More research needs to be done but even just based on these 10 studies, I’m not diffusing the stuff or using it on my skin.
Why can some people eat fruit, soda, and grains and not gain any weight?
- This is simply a matter of genetics, which will always play a role in health… and life is not fair!
- Also, refer back to my AMA – How Weight Loss Ruined Everything.
- America is obsessed with Body Weight!! Which is actually a terrible way to measure health and doesn’t tell us anything about the metabolic health of an individual.
- Plenty of people are “skinny fat.” They are lean on the outside and metabolically broken on the inside.
- There are plenty of “lean” individuals walking around with 6-pack abs and also suffering from Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Type 2 Diabetes.
- Stop the obsession with “skinny!”
- Skinny Does Not Mean Healthy!
How Did You Cure Your Pit Stains?
- I used to get the worst pit stains while performing on stage as a musician!!
- I had to use prescription strength antiperspirant which (little did I know) was loaded with nasty chemicals!
- I removed all toxic products from my home: Including deodorant, bath soaps, shampoos, conditioners, dishwashing detergent, laundry detergent, cleaning sprays, fabrics softener, toothpaste… Literally everything with toxic ingredients.
- I replaced them with non-toxic alternatives: Pick up my Approved Products E-Book to Replace Your Products!
- I used Mother Dirt AO Mist for 1 Full Year to Improve the Microbiome of My Skin!
- Since then, I deal with zero body odor or pit stains and… wait for it… I do not use deodorant! It’s like a miracle, I tell ya!
Best Way To Get Sodium and How Much?
- I recommend 3-6 grams of sodium per day!
- I get my sodium by supplementing Redmond Real Salt and just taking it with water throughout the day and salting my foods.
- If you don’t like the idea of “salt shots” you can also try this great electrolyte supplement LMNT Electrolytes from my good friend, Robb Wolf.
What was the Speed Reading Course You Took?
How to Find a Functional Medicine Doctor…