Listen to the Podcast:
Watch the Video:
Live Ask Me Anything #53 – Topics Covered:
Basics of Human Metabolism:
3:05 – How Your Metabolism Works
9:10 – Macronutrients and Micronutrients
11:23 – What the Human Body is made of
14:48 – The 4 Basic Functions of Human Metabolism
- Energy Creation
- Cellular Functions
21:43 – PROTEIN: A league of its own
25:35 – CARBS: the glucose train
29:28 – FATS: triglycerides, high carb, and impending metabolic disease…
34:54- Carbs decide what gets burned, and what gets stored as FAT
37:33 – Hormones run the show!
39:40 – Insulin and Glucagon – Fat Cells Have No Limit to How Much They Can Store!!
45:30 – Basics of Blood Sugar regulation: A visual to help this all make more sense…
51:13 – Glucose and Ketones work hand-in-hand, they don’t compete!
56:33- FB check
- 56:38- Commenting on comments: As a nurse, we use glucagon to help choking victims (fun fact!)
- 57:19- Commenting on comments: It’s going to take 20 times of listening to this to absorb it all
- 58:18- Q: Is that why type 2 diabetics struggle to lose weight? Because they inject insulin? (YES!)
- 59:30- Commenting on comments: Jillian Michaels is all over my FB bashing Keto…
- 1:02:31- Q: How do stress and the release of cortisol affect metabolism?
- 1:05:10- Exciting things coming to I Am Clovis
- 1:08:37- Commenting on comments: Another cookbook would be cool
- 1:10:39- Commenting on comments: Thank you! You’re a really great teacher!
Show Notes and Resources: