05 Nov Thyroid Health: A Second Opinion – Live AMA #40
Listen to the Podcast:
Watch the Video:
Live Ask Me Anything #40 – Topics Covered:
Thyroid Health – A Second Opinion:
4:55- Why I’ve avoided this episode… until now…
7:40- The Standard of Care for Thyroid Issues in America…
10:35- Hypothyroidism is caused by autoimmune disease…
13:22- How to Test your Thyroid…
16:36- Here’s the problem with blood work…
22:03- FB Check
22:55- 90% of people in the US with hypothyroidism also have this… (hint: it’s a gut issue!)
26:30- FB Check
27:15- It’s all about inflammation!
29:47- Lifestyle Interventions… What can you do?!
32:17- Celiacs makes you 3x more vulnerable for THIS (thanks Gliadin)
34:41- Why I hate “cheat days…”
40:33- FB Check
41:20- More Lifestyle Tips for Thyroid Health!
45:22- When would I medicate?!
50:50- Live Q&A!
- 50:55- Q: What is the low fodmap?
- 52:09- Q: What tests can be done to check for leaky gut?
- 53:45- Commenting on Comments: “I’d be interested in a Clovis low fodmap”
- 55:21- Q: What can I do if I already had my thyroid removed and still have issues?
- 58:30- Commenting on Comments: “I found a functional medicine practitioner who takes my insurance!”
1:03:11- WRAP UP!!
Show Notes and Resources: